ROUGH EVALUATION OF DIAMOND GEMSTONES
10 DAY SKILLS PROGRAMME
This skills programme is aimed at persons who work or intend to work within the diamond processing industry and who seek recognition for rough evaluation skills in the diamond processing industry.
Full time: 2 weeks. Monday to Friday 8:00 – 15:00 with a tea time break from 10:00 – 10:15 and a lunch time break from 13:00 – 13:30.
R6, 000-00 inclusive of VAT.
- Please note that only a limited number of candidates can be accommodated.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is payable into the Academy’s bank account to secure your place, please complete the application form for a reference number.
- The balance of the amount is payable before or on the day training commences.
- Fees are not refundable.
- Impurities in rough diamonds, their cause and effect.
- Determine colour in diamonds, both natural and artificial and its effect on buying and selling.
- Select and sort diamonds for purity, colour, size, shape and unusual qualities.
- Classification of rough gems and industrial diamonds.
- The use of the Rappaport Diamond Price List and the International diamond price structure.
- Basic guide on how to use the Sarin and/or other computerised planning equipment for rough planning and evaluation.
“Introduction to the diamond industry” skills course or previous competency in the history, structure and operations in the diamond industry or a Gr. 10 certificate with Mathematics are the minimum requirements for this course. Proficiency in English is of importance as all courses are delivered in English.
Dates of Rough Evaluation course for 2013:
Start Date: Monday 18th February
End Date : Friday 1st March
Please note that the above courses will take place only if a minimum of 10 candidates register for each particular course.
No exam will be written but continuous assessments will be conducted. Candidates will receive a certificate of attendance from KIDJA.
Registration for this course opens on the 9TH of January 2013. Early application is advisable as we have limited space per course. Application forms can be obtained from the Academy.